Join us on Facebook and “like” the WSPA Page
Check out our photos, videos and calendar of events and training at shutterfly
SPORT PILOT PRODUCTS
Or, order some items direct from this page:
|WPPA Training Information PackageWPPA Training Catalogue and EAA Sport Pilot and Ultralight Information||$12.50|
|WPPA Ultralight Solo Pilot Package Sport Pilot Training Syllabus and Sport Pilot Log Book||$49.95 plus shipping:|
|Starting Powered Parachuting DVD: 36 Minute Comprehensive Video Introduction to the Sport of Powered Parachuting||$34.95 plus shipping:|
FAA Powered Parachute Handbook
A powered parachute (ppc) is a category of aircraft that requires the pilot to inflate the wing (parachute) and then control the aircraft with a “pendulum configuration” of the cart hanging below it. This unique and fun aircraft is an evolution of ultralight aircraft including the parachute, paraglider, and powered paraglider. This new FAA handbook introduces the basic pilot skills and knowledge esse ntial for piloting powered parachutes.
It benefits student pilots just beginning their PPC endeavors, as well as those pilots wishing to improve their flying proficiency and aeronautical knowledge, and flight instructors engaged in the instruction of both students and licensed pilots.
Here the pilot is shown the realm of powered parachute flight and given information and guidance in the performance of procedures and maneuvers required for pilot certification. The handbook begins with an introduction to powered parachutes, including a history of this unique aircraft. Chapters cover aerodynamics, components and systems, power plants, preflight and ground operations, basic flight maneuvers, takeoffs and departure climbs, airspace, ground reference maneuvers, airport operations, approaches and landings, and night, abnormal, and emergency procedures.
This book is the official FAA source for learning to fly powered parachutes and many test questions for the powered parachute FAA knowledge exam come from this reference. Illustrated throughout with full-color graphics and photography, indexed, soft cover, 160 pages.
Format Softcover, indexed and illustrated, 160 pages, indexed and illustrated, four-color cover. In English.
Publisher Aviation Supplies & Academics
Sport Pilot Checkride Manual
Ace the Sport Pilot Checkride! This book provides complete preparation for Sport Pilot and Sport Instructor checkride, in an airplane, powered parachute, and weight-shift control sport aircraft.
Subtitled, “A guide to passing the FAA Practical Flight & Oral Exam”
This sport pilot manual by Paul Hamilton is complete preparation for the checkride — the last step in obtaining a Sport Pilot or Sport Instructor certificate to fly (or teach in) light-sport aircraft: in airplanes, weight-shift control, or powered parachutes. Paul Hamilton explains what you need to do to get to the checkride, including experience, required training, and instructor endorsements. Concise flow charts help you stay on track to meet your pilot goals.
The FAA checkride, or practical test, has two aspects: the oral questioning section, and a flight check. The answers to typical checkride questions listed in this book help you get prepared for test-time when you’ll be under the examiner’s scrutiny. This book gives you the information you need to know by providing helpful tips for the following:
- Questions most likely to be asked during the oral exam supported with succinct, easy-to-follow responses.
- Practical checklists and techniques to use when demonstrating your skill as a pilot, referencing the Area of Operations and Tasks detailed in the FAA’s Practical Test Standards.
- Preparing to become sport pilot instructors.
Softcover, illustrated, 8.5″ x 10.25″, 225 pages.
FAA Sport Pilot Written Test Prepware
Comprehensive preparation and study software for the Sport Pilot FAA Knowledge Exam. Sport Pilot Instructors use CFI Prepware.
Announcing Prepware 2008, the FAA Knowledge Exam software that allows users to take true-to-form practice exams and get immediate feedback on the test areas that need more work. Tailor-made practice sessions improve your performance in the areas you need to concentrate on the most to pass the test with flying colors!
Questions are supported by study guides and comprehensive explanations for correct and incorrect answers. Instructors can create pop quizzes of any length, on any subject matter, to supplement the study sessions. Each Prepware title includes all aircraft categories (airplane, rotorcraft, glider, lighter-than-air, powered parachute, weight-shift control). You tell the software which test you’re preparing for, and it generates your study sessions and practice tests accordingly. Version 10 includes the new FAA Knowledge Exams released June 25, 2007.
FAA Knowledge Exams: Sport Pilot (for all light-sport aircraft: Airplane, Gyroplane, Glider, Balloon, Powered Parachute, and Weight-Shift Control)
Electronic updates you can download from the ASA website keep your database current as the FAA makes changes to the tests! Our free e-mail Subscription Service provides automatic notification when Updates are available!
Product registration is required; Internet access is required for registration as well as software question and program updates.
IBM compatible PC with Pentium-class processor, Windows 2000, Windows XP with Service Pack 2, or Vista. 128 MB RAM minimum for Windows 2000 and XP (512 MB for Vista), 150 MB available hard drive space, 1024 x 768 SVGA compatible display, CD-ROM drive, mouse or other compatible pointing device.
“I just wanted to let you know that after using the Prepware software I passed my test with flying colors. The investment in the studying material pays for itself when you walk into that testing room without apprehension! Thanks.”—Terry Snow, Southern California
Version 10 features include:
- Compatible with both PC and Macintosh systems.
- CX-2 electronic flight computer is built into the program, accessed by a click of a button during study sessions or simulated tests.
- Make and save user notes while studying in a Notes field, for annotations and comments as you work.
- “Google”-like search capabilities…search for a word or phrase in the entire database of questions, answers, and explanations.
- Comprehensive and searchable glossary.
- Shuffle the answer stems for a true test of your knowledge.
- Build a follow-up quiz from your airman test report. The FAA doesn’t tell you which questions were wrong on your test—they only give you the subject matter knowledge codes. You can plug the codes into the program to create a custom post-test follow-up, which is required prior to taking your checkride.
- Simulates the CATS testing center in screen layout, buttons, program navigation; replicates what you’ll see when you take your official FAA exam.
- You can choose to print results, or e-mail them to your ground or flight instructor to obtain endorsement to take the FAA test.
- Built-in study guides are there at a click of a button for study sessions, with the same comprehensive text and figures found in ASA’s popular Test Preps and Fast-Track Test Guides.
- Performance history reflects individual tests, not just cumulative performance. View a performance graph depicting total score and a score for each subject, as well as review the test (shows your selected answer, the correct answer and explanation).
- All figures are available onscreen.
- Download and automatically update the database each time the FAA releases new or changed questions; also, the free email subscription service keeps you informed anytime a change is made.
- Prepware School provides the ability to track performance history for students and issue custom quizzes to the whole class.
Realistic test simulation, study and review models, detailed performance graphs, comprehensive study guides and built-in timers give you the confidence you need to ace your FAA exam. Whether you choose to simulate an actual FAA test, or study specific subjects and questions, Prepware has the tools you need.
Also included is the instructor utility, QuizMaker, to generate pop quizzes or exams using actual FAA questions. Quizzes can be of any length and on any specific or combination of subjects or subject matter knowledge codes. You can print exams, student answer sheets, and instructor master correction keys for quick grading, or save the tests so your students can take these electronically.
ASA’s Prepware combines all the information applicants will find in the Test Prep Series. Prepware gives you everything you need to be confident and prepared for your FAA Knowledge Exams.
Prepware School is available for multi-user, multi-workstation, school, and/or network use (call ASA for details). Prepware brings the accuracy and reliability of ASA’s industry-leading Test Prep books to your home or office computer. Complete and easy-to-use, Prepware is the preparation and test tool for today’s aviator.
To order any of these products email Doug at email@example.com